Follow Natalie on Twitter

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Writing about Sex

I write erotic romances with a storyline...not just sex...however, the sex is extremely important to the storyline or it wouldn't be an erotic romance. No shit Sherlock...*laughing at myself*.. I love to write sex scenes...love scenes, erotic scenes because they are fun and you can let your inhibitions go...fly away....and what is left is hopefully a real turn on for those who are reading it...including the one who wrote it.  I don't know about other authors...but if I'm not feeling it...i know i need to rewrite the scene or come back to it when I'm in a better place.   I can't imagine anyone could write like that and not be there...experiencing the moment....feeling what the characters feel.  I'm very visual...so i see it, feel it, and when I'm done...I'm like...Whew.....maybe i should read that again....  

Writing is still just a hobby for me....and it may always be just that....and because of that, I lead two very separate lives.....the erotic romance writer and the woman who holds a job, loves her family, and is a bit on the nutty side but no one would ever suspect writes sex scenes.   I like having two lives...being two people....I do not have a personality disorder - really I don't.  What I do have is an escape from reality that fuels me and makes me more balanced....everyone needs something to take them away when needed and that keeps them sane.  I think we all need to find that something....whatever it may be....that keeps us safe...that keeps us excited.....and that keeps us connected to our inner self....the part that no one knows but us....the piece of us that truly makes us who we are.  Thanks for listening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment